With decades of hands-on experience managing complex projects in the construction, trucking, logistics, custom plumbing, piping, and HVAC/R industries, Alex Coury is uniquely qualified as VP of Operations and Construction, as well as Safety Director at Steel Nation. Alex supervises the construction operations field managers and oversees and designs the retrofit work dealing with compressor change-outs to upgrades in ventilation and sound attenuation systems. He also designs and coordinates the installation and manufacturing of specialty pipe and fittings for the combustion air intakes for all Steel Nation piping projects. He diagnoses overheating issues in the compression stations and designs sound attenuation and ventilation systems with Steel Nation engineers to offer solutions based on sound science.
From his years of experience in the mechanical contracting, trucking, and logistics industries, Alex recognized the need for fresh air intakes on the compressors housed within Steel Nation buildings to alleviate high temperatures on the engines as well as the need for specialized air intake silencers to mitigate the sound coming from the engines. The application of both solutions has helped Steel Nation design and engineer safe and superior compressor, transmission, and storage facilities for leading oil and gas companies.
- Mon-Yough Plumbers Apprenticeship Program
- Licensed Master Plumber/Pipefitter
- DOT Qualified Mechanical Joining / Fusion Weld / Service Line
- Class A CDL Operator Qualified
- Certified 8 hour CPR
- Certified Aerial and Scissor Lift Qualified
- Certified Forklift Qualified
- Certified Excavator Qualified
- Certified Bulldozer Qualified
- Certified Fall Protection Competent Inspector
- Certified Trenching and Excavation Competent Inspector
- WV General Contractor License
- Safety Certifications; Hazwopper, Globally Harmonized System, OSHA, PECS, Safeland,
- Hazard Recognition